Thank you for your interest in my blog and the process I use. I design everything myself, unless I specifically note on a post/page. I always use royalty-free images, icons, photos, etc. If you see something used here without permission or purchased rights, it was most likely a mistake! I urge you to contact me and let me know.
Noted resources used:
- The gorgeous photo of me in my sidebar was shot by Mockingbird Designs
- Most of the brushes/patterns/fonts I use come from Creative Market
- What do you use to run your website?
For hosting, I have used E-Starr for close to 10 years now. You don’t have downtime like some of the popular hosting companies but the prices are just as cheap.
When you pay for your hosting by the year, not only do you get a steep discount in the price, you get a free domain name!
- Your theme is so pretty! Where did you get it?
Thank you, I actually made it myself! I do not (currently!) offer my services but if you want amazing themes that run on the Genesis Framework, check out the amazing StudioPress themes. These are the best of the best.
If you’re not ready to commit to the Genesis Framework, here are a few websites that sell really nice themes that don’t require that framework:
– Restored 316 Designs (This is one of my favorites on the entire internet!)
– Pretty Darn Cute Designs
– Theme Isle
– Webriti Themes
– CyberChimps Themes (Join their mailing list for a 20% off coupon!)
– Ultimatum Theme (This one is amazing for beginners! You also get a 25% off coupon when you sign up for their newsletter.)
– Up Themes
– Template Express
- Where did you learn how to make your own theme?
This is definitely not the answer anyone is looking for but… I taught myself! It took years and lots of trial and error.
I can, however, offer you some links to places that can help you out. Check out this ultimate list of resources to help get you started.
- How do you post so much on your social media accounts? It’s so hard to keep them updated!
I found these amazing automated posting programs. You still pick out the content you want to promote, but then you schedule when things go out so you can keep steady updates on your social media accounts. Here is what I use: