I am constantly getting free stuff from the internet. When I tell people, they always want in. It’s kind of tricky because there isn’t just one place I get stuff from, it’s a bunch of places.
The other part that gets tricky is knowing where to find legitimate free stuff. It’s scary to enter your information on the internet sometimes. You don’t know who has access to it and there is always the worry of possibly getting scammed.
That’s reason I made this list. I want to let you know that I have 100% verified these sources as legitimate and I stand behind them 100%. Trust.
Enough chit-chat (I imagined you saying that in your head). Without further ado… the free stuff!
I know, I know. Saying free money almost seems too good to be true. The thing is, there are ways to earn gift cards and even money for free with very minimal effort on your part.
Online surveys have kind of a checkered reputation on the internet, so I tried some out for about three months before I decided on which ones were legit enough to share with you. Check it out!
Swagbucks is probably my favorite survey site simply because it’s not just a survey site. There are so many ways for you to earn your points (which in turn translate into $$) that it doesn’t get boring.
Sure, there are surveys, but there are so many other ways to earn points. Other methods include:
- Searching the internet. I have to admit, I’m a huge Google fan. So taking this step was hard for me… until I saw how much I earned from it. Sold! All you do is use Swagbuck’s search engine (Powered by Bing) and you randomly get points. I get anywhere from $0.03 to $0.70 for typing in a search.
- Watching videos. Yeah, you can literally get paid to watch a video. On the mobile version, you get paid to watch movie previews. Seriously.
- Visiting websites. Swagbucks will pay you to view certain websites. They call it “Discovering Content”. You click on the link to the page, stay on it for a few seconds to a few minutes (it varies), and earn points. Voila.
- Playing games. Right?! They have some cute little games you can play and you earn points to earn money. Easy and fun!
- Cash-back. Were you planning on using Walmart.com to get some stuff? Activate the cash-back option from Swagbucks and you get a % back of what you spent. This is one of my favorite things because it’s usually for things I was planning on buying anyway.
Basically, with Swagbucks, you aren’t going to be bored. There is a crazy amount of ways to earn so it seems effortless.
I initially wanted to try this site simply because it has been around the web since 1999. That’s a crazy long time for a survey website! I was not disappointed.
This site works a little differently than other survey sites, but in a good way. The surveys are not very frequent but this is because they actually weed through available surveys and pick ones that they think you have a very high chance of qualifying for.
Another amazing thing is that Survey Savvy pays more per survey than any other survey site I have ever seen. The lowest amount for a survey I have ever gotten was $1 for about five minutes of my time. Nuts, right?
Here is where I have to entice you with my personal story. When I first joined Survey Savvy, I totally lucked out. They have special projects where the payout is HUGE. I’m talking $50-$100. When I first joined, I got an invitation to try out for one of those projects.
And I got in.
My project included two surveys and leaving their app installed on my devices (phone, tablet, and PC) for three weeks. At the end of those three weeks, I had a phone interview (the topic was about filing taxes) that lasted about 30 minutes and I was done.
The payout? $90. Not joking. I was so nervous waiting for that $90 to show up in my account, but it did! Then, I was antsy waiting for the check to come in the mail… but it did. Need proof?
BAM! The extra $2 was from other surveys I had done. I definitely did a happy dance when I got that check in the mail. It took about two weeks.
You can request payment at any time, too. Even if you want to cash out $1, you’re allowed to. It’s totally up to you when you want to receive your money and it comes in the form of a check. No Paypal required.
UPDATE (6/20/16): About a week after I wrote this, I couldn’t get into my MySurvey account. It said my account was unavailable. I emailed them that day and still have not heard from them. I am not going to promote that kind of service. Skip this one.
I’m torn between my love for free gift cards or free products. Really, how fun is it to open a package with a bunch of free stuff? Check out some places I get free products.
This. site. is. nuts. It took me a while to get on this site simply because I didn’t understand it at first, so let me break it down for you.
First, take a look at some of the stuff I’ve gotten from Elite Deal Club. I paid a grand total of $2.00 for all of this:
This site has two different types of deals. You have your Elite Deals, which are higher priced items for less, and then you have your Amazon Deals. I do the Amazon deals because they have tons of free items or items for $1.
Three times a day (9am, 1pm, and 7pm CST) you can grab a coupon code that discounts your item to either the special price or makes it free. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you get free shipping.
This is how I get so much stuff for free! All they ask is that you leave a product review for the product you’ve received. Easy, right?
Here are the steps involved:
- Log in quickly at one of the specified times. Some of the best codes go in seconds.
- Scroll to the Amazon Deals, click on the deal you want.
- Click “Get coupon code”. If you are successful, a code will pop up. If you receive an error code, you have to refresh and try again.
- Once you have your code, click “Checkout the product”.
- Once you are on Amazon.com, add the item you want to your cart.
- In the checkout screen, enter the coupon code provided to you in the box labeled “Add a gift card or promotion code”. Click apply.
- Finish your checkout and you’re done!
It sounds like a lot of steps, but once you have done it once or twice it will be super easy for you.
Influenster is kind of a social website as well as a place to get free stuff. It’s pretty cool, and there are a lot of elements to it, but I am going to just go over the free stuff (the best part!)
Influenster has what they call Vox Boxes. When they think you would be a good match for a product testing, they send you a survey. Answer it and if you qualify, you get an entire box of free stuff.
I’ve gotten several boxes, but here is my most recent one:
One box that I received had about eight full sized products in it, a lot of it makeup! It’s pretty random what you will get in a box (it varies depending on what they are promoting and how much “influence” you have, e.g. Facebook followers, Twitter followers) but it’s always cool (free!) stuff.
There are activities that you can do (like sharing an image of your free stuff) that help you unlock badges, which in turn shows Influenster that you are active. People who are active get better/more frequent boxes! However, this step is not required.
You should definitely explore the rest of the site too, though. It’s a lot of fun. You can dish on your favorite brands and products, as well as get feedback from others on their experiences.
Free Products and Gift Cards
This is probably my favorite place to get free stuff. On Crowdtap, not only can you get free full sized products, you also earn Amazon gift cards at the same time! They also have contests where you can win additional money if, say, you have one of the best photo submissions.
Here’s how it works:
- You find the list of brands available to work with and click on the name of a brand you’d like to join.
- You click “Join *BRAND NAME*” on the upper right side of that brand’s page to unlock activities.
- There are all kinds of ways to earn points. Earning your points earns you Amazon gift cards (in $5 increments).
- When you earn enough points for a gift card, they email you a code and instructions on how to claim your $5 gift card.
- Rinse and repeat!
There are a lot of different activities to earn your points so if there is something you don’t like doing, don’t worry about it! There are plenty of activities to earn points. For example, the photo submissions seem kind of hard to me sometimes so I tend to do the media activities more.
Oh, and that free product I mentioned? They have that too! You see, certain brands have an activity that they label “Sample”. The thing is, a “sample” is actually a full-size product. For free. Yup!
When a brand has a sample option available, all you have to do is apply. Don’t worry though, I’ve applied for seven samples in the past two months and I have been approved for six of them and I was denied for one. I’d say those odds are pretty rad.
For example, one time I got to try L’Oreal Extraordinary Oils shampoo, conditioner, and serum.
Another time I got a brand new Arm & Hammer Spinbrush electric toothbrush and a full tube of whitening toothpaste. All full sized products. Completely free. You don’t even have to own a blog to get these samples. Anyone can do it!